Active Development Projects
As our region grows, so do the businesses that help us thrive. There are so many opportunities to help shape Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo. And we're ready to welcome those who want to take the chance.
a growing region
Our population is growing, and we have two developments—Saline Creek and Parsons Creek—that can accommodate a combined 40,000 new residents. We have no shortage of space for families and innovators to come and find their success. Our downtown is experiencing a renaissance with our Mayor and Council prioritizing its revitalization. We are open for business.
THE ROADS AHEAD
Our regional success is on purpose. It is a direct reflection of the innovative industries that operate here. For their success to happen, key infrastructure needs to be in place. The kind that accounts for current and future demands. We are actively cultivating the right mix of roads, highways, rail and air transport systems—including an international airport—along with power and other critical supports. We can’t always predict the future, but we can build the roads to get us there.
LIFE ON THE HIGHWAYS
Highways 63 and 881 continue to be top priorities in our region. In March 2020, the Government of Alberta committed $50 million in upgrades to highway 881. Those upgrades will include passing lanes, a new staging and rest area, improved intersections and roadside turnouts.
A region of opportunity
Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo Trade Area
Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo has an Urban Service Area of over 75,000 people that is divided into North, Central and South zones.
Parsons Creek Town Centre
- A 54-Acre Greenfield Commercial/Retail zoned shovel ready development.
- Fort McMurray’s newest neighbourhood development
- Primary Trade Area exceeds 30,000 Households
- Located 10 minutes from downtown FortMcMurray
Fort McMurray International Airport Lands
- 15 minutes from downtown Fort McMurray
- 100+ Hectares of light industrial and commercial zoned greenfield development land across three different development parks
- Snow Eagle Aviation Park (8 Ha)
- Snowbird Prestige Commercial Park (14 Ha)
- Golden Hawk Commercial Park (57 Ha)
- Highway 63 & MacKenzie Blvd
- Build-to-Suit commercial and retail space available
- 36 acres of Gateway District commercial & retail zoned
- Established QSR and retail space
- Controlled access to major thoroughfare (HWY 63)
- 2021 Population: 106,000
- Average Household Income: $200,000+
Saline Creek Plateau
- Saprae Creek Trail (Highway 69)
- 489 Hectares
- Complete community including recreational amenities, commercial, residential, and light industrial opportunities
- Estimated density: 20,000 residents
- Anchored by brand new 18-hole golf course
- Minutes west of Fort McMurray International Airport
The Markets On Prospect
- NE corner of Prospect Drive & Confederation Way
- Build-to-Suit commercial & retail space available
- 18.8 acres of commercial and retail zoned
- Located in Fort McMurray's Urban Service Area with access to 30,000 rooftops within 10-minute drive
- Average household income is $212,433 (2022)
- Accessibility to major transportation route
WE ARE NATURALLY ENRICHED, GLOBALLY COMPETITIVE.
Contact us about the unique opportunities available in Fort McMurray Wood Buffalo.